Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Russell Street School Impressions

I had a really great time looking through the different student blogs on the Russell Street School blog. I think that it is such a great idea to have all classes and all students connected through one central blog, and then they can still each have their own page. I think that it is a great way to keep students organized (it works as almost a notebook) and also let them express themselves and their own individuality within their blog. It was interesting to see both the similarities and the differences between the different students' blogs.
I think that having blogs organized like this is a great idea for a school. You can see that most students are proud of their work and their posts within their own blog and that is a really awesome thing to see. It allows them to be both part of a group, and individuals, simultaneously.
I am not a parent, but I can imagine that if I was a parent I would love to have access to my child's blog like this. It is a way to keep up with what they are working on most days and it would be fun to be able to see their thoughts and some of the actual work that they have created.
Overall, I think keeping the blogs organized like this is a great idea. I have been brainstorming how I want to run my blog during the school year next year and I was worrying about having it just be daily posts and if it would make enough sense to students. Now that I looked through this blog, I think that posting daily activities is a good idea and it is easy enough to scroll through them. I may even consider having students blog and link it to my blog like this school has done.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with all of your points, I think we were sharing the same brain while looking through the blog. :)
    The organization is definitely a plus with a school wide blog. And I agree that the students must be very proud of their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the organization of this blog. I also agree that all students would be so excited to share their ideas and be able to use their blog as creative as they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the individualized, custom learning that blogging can encourage. Not only can kids express themselves in ways that are important to them, but as an educator you can SEE how they are processing information and adjust delivery accordingly.

    ReplyDelete